Terms & Conditions
Bush and Beyond accepts bookings subject to the following conditions (subject to change):
Terms and Conditions Document for Walks, Hikes and Backpacking Trips in New Zealand conducted by Bush and Beyond
This document outlines the terms and conditions that apply to all walks, hikes and backpacking trips organized by Bush and Beyond Ltd. (the Company). By booking a trip with the Company, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
– Booking and Payment: You must book your trip at least 8 weeks in advance and pay a non-refundable deposit or $400. The balance of the payment is due at least 10 weeks before the trip departure date. If you cancel your booking within 14 days of the trip departure date, you will forfeit the full payment. If you fail to pay the balance by the due date, the Company reserves the right to cancel your booking and retain the deposit.
– Cancellation and Refund Policy: The Company reserves the right to cancel or alter any trip due to weather, safety, operational or other unforeseen circumstances. In such cases, the Company will offer you an alternative trip of similar value or a full refund of the payment. The Company is not liable for any additional costs or losses incurred by you as a result of the cancellation or alteration.
– Liability and Insurance: The Company is a licensed operator under the Health and Safety at Work (Adventure Activities) Regulations 2016 and holds a current safety audit certificate. The Company will take all reasonable steps to ensure your safety and enjoyment during the trip. However, you acknowledge that walks, hikes and backpacking trips involve inherent risks and hazards that are beyond the control of the Company. You participate in the trip at your own risk and responsibility. You agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its employees, agents and contractors from any claims, damages, losses or expenses arising from any injury, death, property damage or loss that you may suffer during or in connection with the trip. You must have adequate travel insurance that covers medical expenses, personal injury, death, repatriation, cancellation and curtailment for the duration of the trip. You must provide proof of your insurance to the Company before the trip departure date.
– Health and Fitness: You must be in good physical and mental health and have a reasonable level of fitness to participate in the trip. You must inform the Company of any medical conditions, allergies, dietary requirements or special needs that may affect your ability to participate in the trip. The Company reserves the right to refuse your participation in the trip if it deems that your health or fitness may compromise your safety or the safety of others.
– Code of Conduct: You must follow the instructions and directions of the Company’s guides and staff at all times during the trip. You must respect the rights and privacy of other participants and local communities. You must not engage in any illegal, offensive or disruptive behavior that may cause harm or annoyance to others. The Company reserves the right to terminate your participation in the trip without refund if you breach this code of conduct.
– You agree to follow all instructions given by our staff and guides and comply with all safety rules and regulations.
– You agree to wear appropriate clothing and equipment provided by us or as advised by us.
– You agree to indemnify us and our staff and guides from any liability, claims, or damages arising from your participation in the activity.
– You agree that we have the right to cancel, modify, or terminate the activity at any time for any reason, including weather, safety, or operational issues.
– You agree that we are not responsible for any loss or damage to your personal belongings during the activity.
– You agree that we may use your name, image, or likeness for promotional purposes without compensation or consent.